Accomplishments Word Cloud
My daughter is graduating this year as Senior Class President. I'm very proud of her accomplishments and came up with a nifty gift using Tagxedo, a word cloud program. I listed all of her teachers, principals, activities, and awards onto a graduate silhouette. Then ordered an 11 x 17 poster size from Walgreens and framed it. You can make one for a special graduate or let your students create their own and reflect on the person they've become.
Easy tutorial - just follow the red numbers on each image.
1. Create a list of teachers, schools (elementary, middle, high) favorite subjects, awards, extracurricular activities, interests, chosen college on a word document. If there are two or more words that need to stay together just insert ~ between with no spaces.
2. Download one or both silhouette images to your PC.
3. Use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Google no longer supports Tagxedo
4. Go to . Then click Create
5. Click Shape
6. Click Add Image
7. Choose either the girl or boy silhouette saved on your PC
8. Place the Treshold to 61%, Blur to 24%
9. Click Accept
10. To insert words, click Load
11. Copy then paste the list in Enter Text box.
12. Click Submit
13. Click Theme
14. Click White on Black
Note: This is where you can also change the font and different layouts.
15. Click Layout Options
16. Layout tab. Adjust Minimum Word Count to 360, Tightness to 136%.
17. Click Accept
18. Click Save/Share.
19. For the best quality poster choose 16MP jpg