My daughter is graduating this year as Senior Class President. I'm very proud of her accomplishments and came up with a nifty gift using Tagxedo, a word cloud program. I listed all of her teachers, principals, activities, and awards onto a graduate silhouette. Then ordered an 11 x 17 poster size from Walgreens and framed it. You can make one for a special graduate or let your students create their own and reflect on the person they've become.
Easy tutorial - just follow the red numbers on each image.
1. Create a list of teachers, schools (elementary, middle, high) favorite subjects, awards, extracurricular activities, interests, chosen college. If there are 2 or more words that need to stay together just insert ~ between with no space.
2. Download one/both silhouette images to your PC.
3. Use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Google no longer supports Tagxedo
4. Go to www.tagxedo.com. Then click Create
5. Click Shape
6. click Add Image
7. Choose either the girl or boy silhouette saved on your PC
8. Place the Treshold to 61%, Blur to 24%
9. Click Accept
10. To insert words, click Load
11. Copy then paste the list in Enter Text box.
12. Click Submit
13. Click Theme
14. Click White on Black
15. Click Layout Options
16. Layout tab. Adjust Minimum Word Count to 360, Tightness to 136%.
17. Click Accept
18. Click Save/Share.
19. For the best quality poster choose 16MP jpg